Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain used to recreate the natural look of teeth, while also providing strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel. It is often the material of choice for those looking to make slight position alterations, or to change tooth shape,
size, and/or color.
You are a candidate for porcelain veneers if,
- Original tooth has developed poor color, shape, and contours.
- You have fractured teeth or gaps between teeth
- Your teeth position is compromised and there are minor bite-related problems.
1. CONSULTATION :first step is to decide if veneers are the right option for you, or if there are alternate solutions available. Spend time clearly identifying what cosmetic improvements you want to accomplish.
2. DIGITAL SMILE ANALYSIS : we will begin with analysis to determine what steps are necessary to achieve the smile you desire.
3. WAX MOCKUP : In addition, We will create a diagnostic mock-up that will allow you to “try on” veneers and other procedures to see if the final result is actually what you’re looking for.
4. DIGITAL SMILE MAKOVER : We might show you a photo of how your new smile will look. This is called cosmetic imaging.
5. PREPARATION FOR VENEERS : Porcelain laminate veneers consist of a compilation of several thin ceramic layers which replace original tooth enamel, and an adhesive layer. To apply a veneer, a very small amount of the original tooth enamel must be removed, usually less than a millimeter.
6. BONDING OF PORCELAIN VENEERS : laboratory fabricated porcelain veneers are tried on patient, and bonded with tooth giving patient a natural looking beautiful smile.
MAINTENANCE OF A PORCELAIN VENEER
Maintaining porcelain veneers is quite simple, Routine brushing (two times a day) and flossing will take care of veneers just like natural teeth. Come for follow ups when needed so that we can ensure good health of teeth and veneers at regular intervals.